Live Life Dangerously

I haven't posted since forever.

Anyway, just got back from Freshmen Bonding Camp by SIM MCMS.
I'm just disappointed in myself that I had to leave early but I guess it's for the best.
Best for me to recover, and that I wouldn't be a burden to my group members or the committee of fbc2k16.

All I can say is that I feel so blessed.
That the people there are really caring towards me.
I kept thinking, why did I even feel this unwell?
It's not the worst I ever felt but it's definitely not a good feeling.
To be sick and then feel so weak when other people are losing sleep but they still take care of you.

Anyway, on Friday, everything was fine.
I had my breakfast and lunch with the kids, then dinner with the campers.
I was alright, I could participate in the activities without a problem.
So we had a game of tic-tac-toe and also a night walk after.
Then we got to Masjid Taqua in the east, washed up and sleep.

Eventually slept close to 2am.
Didn't take out my sleeping bag cos I thought I could do without it.
Then I started feeling cold, and I could feel the cold air seeping through my body.
And I started feeling nauseous, and a pain started to form in my left abdomen.
Got up, went to the toilet convincing myself, maybe I needed to let go.
Took quite awhile and nothing came out.

Then I went to sink and just waited.
Then most of my dinner came out. Thought I was done, so I went back to the room to sleep.
I still was uncomfortable then.
Rolled around, changed my sleeping position, I was still feeling sick in the stomach.
Got up to go to the toilet again, and this time, I had to run cos everything came out before I got to the sink.

I felt really horrible.
And I was so tired by then.
After that, it was a series of "ok, tak ok" cos at some moment I was feeling fine, then the next moment, I started to feel nauseous again.
Had a few bites during breakfast cos I didn't want to vomit again.
Then it was a lecture series which I couldn't pay attention in due to the things that's happening in my body.

After that we went out for Amazing Race.
Started out feeling nauseous.
Then I was I alright.
I could participate in the games and everything.
Till we got to Masjid Sultan.
After the games, I started feeling nauseous again.

Probably it was the heat that's overpowering me.
Maybe I was close to having a heat exhaustion?
Then with a heavy heart, I chose not to continue in the race.
I knew that Kallang was our last station but I just don't want to slow my team.
And having them to constantly take care of me cos I feel like such a burden.

So I went back to the mosque.
Slept, fully rested.
Joined back with my team and we had group time.
They Maghrib, I slept cos my body was heating up.
After I woke up, I knew I was having a fever cos I felt so lethargic and my cheeks were warmer.
Then it was group time till Isya' by which after that would be the BBQ.

And I was so sad that I couldn't be with my group nor the bbq cause I was trying to recover from the fever quickly.
I realised that I didn't eat much.
By then I was hungry but I was also nauseous and it was just frustrating for me.

They asked me to go home several times and at first I said no, I want to stay till the end of camp.
I tried to eat something but I knew I was gonna throw up.
I kept thinking that if I'm still sick the next day, what's the point of staying.
All I will be is an extra job for the committee, my group and facis to take care of me and also I need to be well by Monday for training.
And my facis were feeling unwell themselves.
So with another heavy heart, I chose to break camp early.

In the ride back home, at one point I started puking again.
And so maybe being home is the right decision.

I'm still recovering.
Feeling much much much better than yesterday.
Just that I'm really hungry and tried to ate a pear but that was not a good taste in my throat.
It's just sad that I don't get to feel the camp vibes cos this sickness kept me away from most of the camp stuff.







I'm just hoping all of these bugs will go away soon.
Hope to see those campers in school and that I will remember them and we will acknowledge each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art Of Letting

What Did I Want To Be