I'll Check In If I Don't Wake Up Dead

Well, I've been gone for a long time.

I thought that when I'm in the mood to create a new post,
it would be about my birthday celebration and Atiqah's birthday celebration, and my results and everything that happened in between while I was not posting.

But unfortunately, this post is another one along the line of death.


A week and a few days ago I believe, I woke up to this news of a missing plane.
MH370 a plane from KL to Beijing which departed around midnight, was suddenly left without a trace.
I've never invested myself in this issue.
Maybe for a few days, yes, but as time passed, I didn't have any hope because I wasn't involved at all.

But a few hours ago, the statement was released that it has in fact has crashed and they are somewhere in the sea of the Indian Ocean.

It didn't really hit me till I saw an Instagram picture of how deep the sea in.

One thing about me, I may be an aquarian but water is my biggest fear.


And I started imagining, putting myself in the passengers' shoes.
All they would look forward to is a vacation or a new hope to be somewhere else safely.
Nobody would think that, that would be their last flight.
Their families that sent them would wait for their return, and you'll never thought that it would be the last time you'll see them.

And in this case, to really see them.
It just made me so...sad. And scared.


Everytime I board a plane, during the safety briefing, I always wondered what it would be like if the we had to do some emergency escape.
While the slide looks appealing, the thought of being in the waters.
In the deep ocean, where there are fishes that feed on human beings.
Where if you can't swim, you'll just be sinking.
And how deep you are from the real ground.



























Al-fateha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Did I Want To Be

The Art Of Letting