Could Have Been A Princess, You'd Be The King

They say you don’t get over someone until you find someone or something better. As humans, we don’t deal well with emptiness. Any empty space must be filled. Immediately. The pain of emptiness is too strong. It compels the victim to fill that place. A single moment with that empty spot causes excruciating pain. That’s why we run from distraction to distraction—and from attachment to attachment.
-Yasmin Mogahed

So it's been 2 days since I got back from China.
And let me just say I already miss it very much.
Not that I don't like being here.

I just miss having to meet people every morning till we go back to our own room in the evening.
I miss having things to do, like there's a different plan for every single day.
I miss having the breeze and fighting the cold, putting my hands in the pockets to keep me warm.
I miss not having to care about messing up the bed because there's always someone to help me clean up.
I miss feeling the excitement of a new day because there's always new experience.
I just miss being around people and when you are suddenly forced to go back to being alone, it's not the best feeling in the world.




What a bummer right.

But anyway, I made new memories.
I always believe that in every trip, new experiences are bound to happen.
And of course this one did too!

What was sad was that the Summer Palace was under renovation so we couldn't really get to see the full beauty of the place.
And there was less shopping because the sellers were much tougher during bargain, like we only bought 5 items there, others were ripping our money off so we didn't make any purchase.

Awesome thing was that I managed to ski once down the slope without actually falling, and I even did it backwards!
HAHAHAH, achievement unlocked!
I got up the Great Wall for my second time and I got to the top!
I was almost giving up because my legs couldn't take it anymore.
But then I got reminded of Firzanah's motivating photo and thought about how I got to the top the last time, I'm sure I can do it again and I did!

Oh and we also ended our trip to Beijing by taking the bullet train(ultra cool really) to Tianjin and when we reached Tianjin, we saw snow!
Breathtaking to see the white ambiance in Tianjin!
The room though, freezing all day and night!
I couldn't even get up easily because I prefer to hide under the blanket that provided warmth.

And then, we head back to Singapore early but there was some delay.
Sat beside my sister and a new friend, Dinah.
So glad to have somebody to talk to all the time, while I was awake HAHAH!

And so, that was my second trip to China.
That's all the story I have, now time to flood you with photos!


I almost forgot to say that I met Amalina Hamdan and Cikgu Zainal in Beijing cos we stayed in the same hotel but I didn't get to take a photo with them like what another bummer!
It was really great to see them though.
And Cikgu Zainal kirim salam to all the 4HML! Heheh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Did I Want To Be

The Art Of Letting